It is estimated that around 10 million or 1 in 6 people in the UK experience some form of hearing loss, this can have an impact on many aspects of a person’s daily life from home life to social situations and even within the workplace. There are many factors that can account for hearing loss; these include age, prolonged exposure to loud noise, genetics or quite commonly a blockage of wax.
Symptoms of Hearing Loss
- The perception of other people mumbling or not speaking clearly.
- Difficulty in understanding or following conversation when there is any type of background noise.
- Feeling that the TV isn’t clear and turning the volume up or using subtitles.
- Difficulty hearing on the telephone.
- Often asking others to repeat themselves.
Your initial consultation (FHA, FREE Hearing Assessment) will last around 15 minutes. Once Sam has addressed the cause of your hearing loss he will advise you on what your next steps will be.
During the assessment will ask some questions about your hearing and general health. Sam will also ask some lifestyle questions where he will be able to fully assess in which situations you may be having difficulty. This is important in ensuring that we are able to find a solution that is tailored to you and your hearing requirements.